- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger or 1/2 tsp. dried ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 TBSP dried onion
- 2 TBSP dried parsley
For sweet and sour sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried mustard
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow/red/orange pepper
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup frozen pineapple, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F*. Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix ingredients for meatballs until well combined. Form into 2″ balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10 – 15 minutes. (meatballs DO NOT have to be cooked through. They will finish cooking in the slow cooker!) While the meatballs are baking, make the sauce.
- In medium bowl or large glass measure, combine all ingredients for sauce except peppers, onions, and pineapple. Whisk to combine.
- Add peppers, sweet onion, and pineapple to crock of slow cooker. Top with baked meatballs. Pour sauce over all and cook on HIGH for 2 – 3 hours, or until vegetables are tender.