- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin roast (boneless, trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 zucchini (small, trimmed and cut crosswise into rounds)
- 2 bell peppers (large, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares)
Prepare an outdoor grill for direct medium-hot grilling. For a gas grill, preheat grill on high. Adjust temperature to 400°F. For a charcoal grill, build fire and let burn until coals are covered with white ash. Spread coals and let burn for 15-20 minutes.
Whisk vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and hot red pepper together in a large bowl. Whisk in oil. Add basil, oregano, and garlic. Add pork loin and toss to coat. Spread zucchini and bell peppers on top of the pork, season with remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and let stand 5 minutes. Stir to coat with marinade. Do not marinate longer than 15 minutes. Skewer pork, zucchini, and bell peppers, alternating ingredients, onto 6 metal kabob skewers.
Lightly oil cooking grate. Place kabobs on grill and cover grill. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10-12 minutes or until pork is browned. Let stand for 3 minutes, then serve.